About the position
The Scots College is an innovative and creative teaching and learning environment for boys T-12. We pride ourselves on our quest for excellence, our faith and tradition and a culture of leadership through teams for both our students and staff.
We are seeking an exceptional Head of Head of Entrepreneurship and Social Leadership and Boarding Housemaster to join our progressive and supportive team. The role will cover both positions and is a 5 year fixed-term full-time position commencing January 2023.
The roles aim to support the Director of Research and Professional Learning in coordinating the development of an expert community of knowledge, practice and formation in promoting entrepreneurship and social leadership. It will also aim to promote and be responsible for the safety, health and wellbeing, personal and academic development of all boarders in the relevant Boarding House, and the effective operation of this residence.
Essential to this role
- Qualifications in Secondary Education
- Support the Philosophy, Ethos and Strategic Intent of the College
- Foster an inclusive and challenging learning environment
- Engage with the school community within and beyond the classroom
- Commit to the development of ‘best practice’ strategies in all aspects of College operations
- A demonstrated understanding of the particular developmental needs of boys and how this impacts on all aspects of Boarding
- An empathy for the particular issues encountered by international and isolated students in boarding environments and experience in dealing with such issues
- The ability to undertake risk assessments on activities pertinent to the boarding environment
- An ability to engage in student advocacy
- A willingness to travel and actively promote the College and its programs
- Conflict resolution skills
- A willingness to commit the boarding house to being your primary residence during term time
- Ability to infuse the College’s Christian ethos into the conceptualisation, design, implementation and review of projects
- Exemplary commitment to own ongoing learning, including research engagement
- Professional and personal integrity
- Being flexible and open to change
- Demonstrated record of exceptional creativity, collaboration, and communication
- Demonstrated record of project conceptualisation, design, implementation and review
We offer outstanding opportunities for professional development, a supportive work environment and new experiences.
- Above award competitive salary and salary sacrificing options on offer.
- A vast range of professional development opportunities available, a supportive work environment and new experiences.
- Opportunity to be involved in a wide range of co-curricular and sporting activities.
Salary range: $85,000 - $120,000 depending on Teacher Banding plus additional leadership allowances totalling $46,048.
The College has a strong Christian mission and provides a dynamic educational experience, inspiring our Scots boys to become fine young men of integrity and principle who support each other in their quest for excellence. Strong and positive values are integral to our College and we aim to build a culture of respect in our community towards God, others, self and our environment by aligning our policies and practices with Christian principles.
Candidates must demonstrate a positive support for the Christian values of a Presbyterian GPS School.
All applicants must have a current NSW Working with Children Clearance. Information on obtaining a Working with Children Clearance Number can be found at https://www.ocg.nsw.gov.au/child-safe-organisations/working-with-children-check.
How to apply
To learn more about this position, and to apply, please visit our website: https://www.tsc.nsw.edu.au/careers-at-scots/
Please register your interest by 5pm, Friday 15 July 2022.
The Scots College reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.