About the position
The Scots College is an innovative and creative teaching and learning environment for boys T-12. We pride ourselves on our quest for excellence, our faith and tradition and a culture of leadership through teams for both our students and staff.
We are seeking an exceptional Honours (Gifted and Talented) Teacher to join our progressive and supportive Preparatory School Learning Enrichment team. This is a permanent full-time position commencing as soon as possible. The Honours Teacher will develop and teach appropriately challenging core and enrichment programs for students with high intellectual potential.
Essential to this role
- Currently pursuing or has completed a Certificate/Masters of Gifted Education and experience in teaching students of high intellectual potential whilst focussing on literacy and numeracy
- Be registered with The NSW Institute of Teachers
- Ability to infuse the Christian ethos into teaching practice
- Ensures that all programming, teaching and learning supports and enhances the innate capacity and diversity of all boys
- Propensity to recognise the value and uniqueness of each individual within the College community
- Commitment to one’s own ongoing learning
- Professional and personal integrity
- Being flexible, open to change and open-minded
- Being proactive and innovative
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Being both a leader and a team player
The College offers outstanding opportunities for professional development, a supportive work environment and new experiences.
The College has a strong Christian mission and provides a dynamic educational experience, inspiring our Scots boys to become fine young men of integrity and principle who support each other in their quest for excellence. Strong and positive values are integral to our College and we aim to build a culture of respect in our community towards God, others, self and our environment by aligning our policies and practices with Christian principles.
Candidates must demonstrate a positive support for the Christian values of a Presbyterian GPS School.
Successful candidates must have a current NSW Working with Children Clearance. Information on obtaining a Working with Children Clearance Number can be found at https://www.ocg.nsw.gov.au/child-safe-organisations/working-with-children-check
How to apply
To learn more about this position, view the role description and to apply, please visit our website: https://www.tsc.nsw.edu.au/careers-at-scots/
Please register your interest by Thursday 23 June 2022.
The Scots College reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.