The Scots College is an innovative and creative teaching and learning environment for boys T-12. We pride ourselves on our quest for excellence, our faith and tradition and a culture of leadership through teams for both our students and staff.
Our Glengarry campus, is an extended stay and outdoor experiential education campus, located in the pristine Kangaroo Valley, two hours south west of Sydney. It provides a distinctive learning environment in which Year 9 boys discover the tools they need to grow into fine young men.
Glengarry's residential program is a unique, expansive experience that accelerates boys; social development and it is renowned as a rite of passage into manhood.
We offer outstanding opportunities for professional development, a supportive work environment and new experiences.
About the role:
We are seeking exceptional Residential Tutors/Boarding Assistants to join our progressive and unique Glengarry campus team. The positions are 12-month fixed term, full-time contracts opportunity commencing Term 1 2024.
Benefits of the role:
- Be part of a great team!
- All meals, wifi, electricity, power and aircon are included
- Onsite accomodation with ensuite provided
- Access to he College gym
Desirable criteria to be considered:
- Previous Boarding/Residential experience
- Completed Duty of Care book 1 or willingness to complete within the first 2 months.
- An active interest in outdoor education activities and experiential learning.
We are looking for someone who has:
- An ability to actively supervise
- Conflict resolution and sensitivity
- Maintains confidentiality and respects the rights of others.
- Professional and personal integrity
- A good team member who is capable of collaborative work.
- Flexibility and openness to change
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic and dynamic
- Interest in the Boarding, outdoor & academic aspects of the Glengarry Program
Candidates must demonstrate a positive support for the Christian values of a Presbyterian GPS School.
All applicants must have a current NSW Working with Children Clearance. Information on obtaining a Working with Children Clearance Number can be found at https://www.ocg.nsw.gov.au/child-safe-organisations/working-with-children-check.
How to apply:
To learn more about this position and to apply, please visit our website:
Please register your interest as soon as possible.
The Scots College reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.